Friday, December 30, 2011

Book Reviews - Introducing Reading like Rabbits

I love reading.

I find nothing more enjoyable than sitting in a comfortable chair with a cup of coffee/tea in my hand and a good book.

This year alone I'm on my 44th book. For a year that has a total of 52 weeks that's almost a novel each week and considering the time that I took to study for my GMAT, read technology magazines, newspapers and so on, that would be almost 2-3 novels on some weeks. :D

One thing I can say about myself is that I'm not a picky reader. When I've decided to start on a book, I normally trudge on right till the end. Its almost like an obsessive compulsive disorder and it is extremely rare for me to put down a book when it is half-read (unless of course, I have misplaced the book or heaven forbid *gasps* it was really that bad!)

A reader like me would therefore need to do careful research before I even get started on any book. Sometimes it would be good enough that the book comes highly recommended by a trusted friend but most of the time I would have to rely on renown book lists or charts and even then these recommendations are then carefully scrutinized before I commit myself to plunge into the deep end (in a manner of speaking).

Despite all the books that I've read, I'm glad to say that I have not actually zeroed in on any particular genre of books and my interests remain broad and varied. However, with that said, I do find myself gravitating towards history (mainly tudor history), religion (or discussions about religion) and then for some light reading - thriller, supernatural or fantasy books.

Well, that basically sums up my general reading habits. For today, I would end this post with a rather good book review site which I've recently chanced upon.

It is cutely named:" Reading Like Rabbits". Enjoy!

*Updated:  FREE delivery worldwide ??!?! This really rocks!! At Book Depository*

No comments: