Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Da Vinci's 'Last Supper" goes online

I read something interesting in the Sunday newspaper that I thought I would share with you.

Now you don't need to get to Milan to see Leonardo Da Vinci's masterpiece. All you have to do is log on at http://www.haltadefinizione.com/ to see an image of the "The Last Supper" at 16 BILLION pixels.


This high resoultion will allow experts to examine details fo the 15th century wall painting - including the traces of drawings Leonardo put down before painting. You can even see close up how Leonardo made the cups transparent.

And all this is done in your home instead of queuing up long hours in Milan's Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie
Note: I found the resolution took some time to load especially if you zoom in an out quickly. Anyway, Enjoy!

1 comment:

laissezfaire said...

cool stuff. Perfect for lazy people like me who don like and cannot queue. I actually skipped it completely when I was in italy. ahhaaa