Thursday, November 29, 2007

Baby Plant - 事事如意

I have never been much of a plant/flowers person. Since young, I never quite appreciated them as most girls would. (I.e. Squealing with delight and taking a big whiff of them roses - eeeyuck SO NOT ME!!!).

In fact, I remember valentine's day in college: I very ungratefully gave away my flowers -stalk by stalk - to anyone who wanted them. I know I know...talk about being unappreciative. If I can turn back the clock, I would say:" Dear XXX, I'm sorry for being so insensitive." However, since I can't turn back the clock so oh well :p

Recently I find myself a changed person. I now have 3 plants to my name. One in the office and two at home.

One of my plant, I grew from a bean. When I first bought the bean, Mum said that I would never make it.

"Girl ah, it is not so easy to grow from scratch and take care of it...you know?!?"

"Mum, thanks for the vote of confidence but see how tall my plant has grown!"


The bean has an engraving on it...and you can actually still see the engraving on the plant. The words are "事事如意" which means "May things go smoothly as planned". INDEED!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so proud of you jamie :)