Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!!

In a blink of the eye, another year has come to pass. Goodbye 2009 and welcome 2010...I can't believe I'm saying this...but yes, today is Jan 1st 2010. Wowee!!

To welcome Jan 1st 2010, I had a rather quiet evening with my family and friends. The first part was filled with screaming kids so that was rather scary. I mean...I did end up with chocolate on my shirt and in my hair but yeah...I spent the rest of the evening chatting and nothing really crazy. Although I must say that I had a craving for MacDonalds at 3am in the morning and I was trying to convince my feather like friend that we should have breakfast and go watch the sun rise or something. Neither of which we did because we simply slept through the "crucial" moment. Ah...youth or rather the lack of it :)

December 31st (of every year) has always been my personal moment for self reflection. I'm such a simple person that it is ridiculous. Well, I get a pat on the back for the good things accomplished in the past year (aka goals that I've set for myself in the beginning of the year and attained) and then followed by a new list of challenges that I set up for the new year. I do take goal setting and follow up very seriously.

Well, firstly, I must say that its been a good year for me in 2009. Life didn't quite happen as I planned it and there were surprises aplenty through out the year. But I guess I have to thank my lucky stars, for some miraculous reason, I've survived without too many knocks and bruises. In fact, I would unabashedly say that I've reached most, if not all, my goals set for last year. So yes, I get that pat on the back and I'm pretty stoked and confident about meeting my targets for the new year.

No, I am not going to put my list up to bore you with but yes, its broken down to the same 3 categories: Career, Personal Goals and Relationships. This year the goals are just going to be bigger, meaner and more challenging to achieve.......... but YES I CAN DO IT!!

So HAPPY NEW YEAR and hope to provide further good news in Dec 31st 2010. Have a great day ahead.

No comments: