Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shanghai - Si chuan food

Had a short but "Food-full" trip to Shanghai last week. On the first night, we met up with some old friends to have dinner at "Pin Chuan". Its a sze chuan restaurant near "Wu Lu Mu Qi" road and as it was starting to get a little cold and we had craving for spicy food that night, it was simply the perfect choice. The food was good, service was great and with great company.....who is to complain?!?

After dinner, we headed to Hyatt on the Bund and also a pub called "Tara" and I admit that I had one cocktail too many to drink but..hehe...let's say its all well and done.

So due to the awful lighting at the pubs, I will "spare" you the gorgeous view from the top of Hyatt at VIE, or the dim glow of "Tara" (before I rather unglamerously fell asleep for 30 mins.)But anyway...here is some rather innocent looking, yummilicous pictures of our dinner at Pin Chuan. Perfect - A total of 5 out of 5 Chillis from me.




Cold Dish - Kou Shui Ji (Direct translation - Mouth Watering Chicken)
A must try! We ordered 3 servings that night!




Non spicy French Beans Dish
(One of the 2 non spicy dish we had that night)


Spicy Mushroom
I forgot the name so I won't be inventive here but it was very good. Another must try.



La Zi Ji - Spicy Fried Chicken
(A little oily and there were spices that numb the senses but it was delicious)




Shui Zu Yu - Water boiled Fish
(but it was more like oil boiled fish with vermicelli).
Don't be mistaken by my awful description. It was gorgeous)



Broccoli dish with Seafood
This dish is like the play safe dish. Nothing spectacular but broccolis are good for you so order it!
There was this other dish which is very special and since pictures paint a thousand words and I'm admittedly a little tired of blogging now I'll see if I can post a video of it later.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: