Monday, January 02, 2012

Highly Recommended - 一泡而红 (Already Famous) A Singapore Production

This has got to be the best Singapore production that I've ever seen. "一泡而红" was written and directed by Michelle Chong. She is one talented person who can manage multiple accents brilliantly!! LULU, in particular, from Noose is totally hilarious. (but oops...I digress) :D

From the get go, I was laughing so hard that my sides ached. This show must  NOT be mistaken with those slap stick (cheap jokes) done by Mr Cross Dressing Jack Neo shit which in my personal opinion, is a total waste of time and money. Needless to say, and if it is already not obvious enough, Jack Neo's movies really DO GRATE ON MY NERVES!

And while I'm at that topic, NOOOOOO....I don't think Jack Neo's productions are accurate portrayal of Singapore or the average Singaporeans. Okay, perhaps only the really spastic ones...like Steven Lim....(Ooopss...where the hell did that come from? Too much YouTube. #Goodeveningtobotheryou. If you don't know what I"m talking about, you don't know what you are missing!!)

Okay, back to the movie "Already Famous". I would summarize to say that I would be totally happy to buy another ticket to watch this movie in the cinema, if only to show support to a good job well done.

Here's the trailer.....SUPPORT GOOD LOCAL PRODUCTION!!!





P/s: OHHHH...I so love the FAT boy....He is the cutest!!

No comments: