Sunday, May 06, 2012

2012 Book 3 - Shadowfever

The truth is...I've been waiting for this book for almost a year. And I've never waited for a book before so this would be my first and oh yea....waiting is never fun.....

My first Fever series book "Dark Fever" was courtesy of Sony. It was one of those free featured books that I could download with my Sony eBook reader. If my memory serves me correctly, it was about 4 years ago and after a couple of chapters, I found it so compelling that I finished the book within the week or less. After some difficultly, I downloaded the other 3 books in the Fever series (Blood Fever, Fae Fever and Dream Fever)  and (to put it in Karen's style of writing) relished and devoured them. Imagine my horror when I realized that the key to the puzzle, the final book which would put an end to the suspense was not even written yet and was not due for release for another 12 months!! HORROR!

After a year of waiting and even adding the author onto my Facebook so that I can keep tabs of the release date, the final book of the Fever Series "Shadow Fever"is released.

Okay, this is where it gets crazy: I found that I didn't quite enjoy it as much as I had enjoyed the earlier books. It was like a roller coaster ride with parts with me going "HELL YEAH" and then parts where I simply glossed through (mostly in the middle where Mac and Dani became just so tedious to read). Overall though, I'm pleased to say that  the book seemed to redeem itself towards the last quarter of the book which fortunately makes for a rather happy ending for me and my one year wait. :D

I really think that the Fever Series makes for a good blockbuster trilogy. (Yes 5 books condensed into 3 movies and please remove the tedious Mac and Dani parts).

Jamie's Rating: 3.5 out of 5 
(But make sure you read the other books first or you would be lost with this one.) 

For more information about the Fever Series, please go to:
http://www.karenmoning.com/kmm/novels/fever-series.html

For other reviews on ShadowFever, please go to:
http://dearauthor.com/book-reviews/overall-b-reviews/b-minus-reviews/review-shadowfever-by-karen-marie-moning/
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7304203-shadowfever
http://theunreadreader.com/2011/01/review-shadowfever.html

No comments: