Friday, May 25, 2012

2012 Book 5 - Catching Fire

Its been almost a week since I have finished this book. However, I've been so swamped at work that I haven't had time to pen down my thoughts so I will make this a quick one before I head off to bed.

In my opinion, Book 2 is better than the first. In fact, amongst the 3 books, I enjoyed Book 2 the most of them all.

There you have it....I have indeed finished Book 3 - Mockingjay as well. I didn't quite enjoy Mockingjay though but I will save my rants for another time in a dedicated book review just for the Mockingjay.  :-)

Back to Book 2.

Based on most of the reviews and discussions I have had about the Hunger Game series, it appears that I'm not alone in my impression of the trilogy. Catching Fire has received mostly positive reviews and appears to be a favourite at least amongst my friends who have finished reading the series. 



Jamie's Rating: 4.5 out of 5


The story starts with Katniss Everdeen enjoying a much deserved recovery in her new found life in District 12. She is now staying in the Victor's Village and has her needs mostly taken care of by the Capitol. She is expected to go on Victory tours and eventually become a mentor for future Hunger games but on the most part, her family no longer needs to worry about making ends meet and other practical matters. So it appears that the worst is over for Katniss, or is it? 
 
Unbeknown to her, Katniss catches on during her victory tour that she had unwittingly sparked off a rebellion against the oppressive Capitol which seemed to be ...yes...gaining momentum or rather "catching fire". For the sake of her loved ones, she attempts to suppress the rebellion (or minimally not further aggravate matters) but finds herself failing miserably. 
In a twist of fate or rather manipulation on the part of the evil President Snow, Katniss and Peeta find themselves forced to return to the arena in a special edition of the Hunger Games. With each strategizing to sacrifice themselves for the other, how would the story end for this "star-crossed lovers"...........? 

As always, for more information and other book reviews on Catching Fire: 








No comments: