Monday, November 06, 2006

Feeling demoralized....and overwhelmed overwhelmed overwhelmed!

Ever had the feeling that you wish you could turn back the clock to make "right" something that you have done wrong? I'm there.............right now.

It made me think of this REALLY cliche phrase:" Life is like a roller coaster ride. There are ups and downs". Or if you prefer: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get." *rolls eyes*
Well, whatever it is, at this point in time, I'm riding the lows on the roller coaster or eating that bad chocolate.

Recently, things seem to have gone a little out of control for me. There are just too many things going on at the same time and the more I try to manage them, the more I realize that I can't manage them.

Anyway, I'm here blogging and trying to blow off some steam. I've had enough of unproductive revision for the day. Boy, am I'm glad that I will be finishing the second LOMA paper tomorrow. The paper that I did this morning was pretty okay but now, I already know that I've made a couple of careless mistakes. What the HELL!! (Note: I've been kicking myself all day in the head for making those stupid mistakes.)

Actually, I know you are going to say that I'm a geek, but I'm still going to say this... I really did enjoy reading some parts of the textbooks because I think those parts were interesting and erm...informative. But comes the test and its a totally different story.....My personal opinion (and I know that I'm not alone in saying this) is that the focus of the LOMA paper is all wrong! I mean..I feel that it should be focused on testing the basics of insurance and NOT on the regulations for USA or Canada. Because I really don't giving a flying f*** on the age limitations, rules and regulation for USA's SSDI or SIMPLE plan, for that matter. (which is Social Security Disability Income or Savings Incentive Match Plan for Retirement purposes) 好废哦!Oh pleaseeeeeeeeee, I can barely remember what the Singapore CPF rules and regulations!! (blush!)

So therefore, though I agree that taking papers are a good way to test your understanding on a subject, I think it really depends on how the paper was prepared. This morning really killed my interest in studying for the paper tomorrow. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Desperately need to oil & crank up the ol' machinery...geez my brain has gone rusty over the years. I realized that I cannot remember half the things I've read in the textbook. Tricky tricky! Very dangerous. Either I've gone all stupid or I wasn't very "focused" while reading the text. Either way, I'll pay for it soon enough. :)

So! Come tomorrow....I'm going to get my life back in order. Er...hem...My to-do list as follows:
1) "Exterminate" all outstanding emails/reports/work items pending in my tasklist since last week. So, if you are reading this and I owe you something, I'm going to get it to you by the end of this week.
2) Read my newspaper.....oooohhh such a luxury to be able to do it everyday.
3) Spend some quality time with my tiger cub. This time, my undivided attention -I promise.
4) Love myself more by controlling my diet. Ok, need to get back "with the program" *canadian street slang* and make Nhon proud of me. HA!
5) Man-handle my Japanese textbook for the paper in December. Like really MAN-HANDLE.
6) Spend more time with my friends. Guys, I love you to bits but I really have a lousy way of showing it. Hang in there, Mak!
6) Get the rest that I deserve. Just sleeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppppppppp!!

God!!! I'm so tired.

Over and out!

No comments: