Sunday, October 15, 2006

Perseverence.....Its the size of fight in a dog that matters.

I spend the afternoon reading my textbook- Principles of Insurance: Life, Health and Annuities. Okay, come to admit it, it really is not bad. Quite an interesting read. If it weren't for the exams, I might enjoy it better but yet again, if it weren't for the exams, I'll probably be reading some other novel. (Psstt...I am reading an interesting book called the Knights Templar but I promise to keep it away until I'm well-prepared for my exam. But last night, I quite sneakily read one chapter but I was nabbed red-handed and a little reprimanded this morning). *sheepish look*

After a couple of chapters, I fell asleep and had this really strange dream. I know it was strange but now, I actually cannot remember what it was about. :P So I had dinner and came online to blog a little. Sigh! When you are supposed to be focus on doing something (studying in my case), everything else just seems so much more interesting BUT when you are not studying for anything, then the mind keeps nagging at you to keep moving forward to upgrade yourself. Life is such a paradox. Cannot understand!

I was also surfing the internet (THANK GOODNESS FOR INTERNET. Computers and Internet, I love you *muacks muacks muacks*) and chance upon a few quotes on Perserverence that I would like to share.

" People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to." by George E. Allen.

AND

"What counts is not necessarily the size of a dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog" by General Dwight Eisenhowell.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...............
Enought of inspirational "moments". I"m going to take a shower and hit the books again.

No comments: